Saturday, January 19, 2013

I think of the countless days that started great, productive and I ate well. But as dinner comes and goes, and I approach putting the kids to bed, my optimism wanes and the weariness sets in. After spending some snuggle time with them, I come downstairs, presumably to brush my teeth and put on my PJs only to make a beeline for the pantry, grab a bag of crackers and sit before my laptop in the breakfast room. There, I blank out by reading news and celebrity gossip as I munch like a zombie on rice crackers, one after another. After perhaps ten, I get up to look in the fridge. Hmmm... leftover noodles with dumplings... Oh, there's some chocolate covered cranberries in the bag up there on the top shelf. This continues until I look up and it's past midnight and I need to get some shuteye because I have to wake up early to feed the kids and get them to school. Why does this happen? And for me it's been too frequent lately. Twice this week so far and only once last week, but three the week before. I had tried a website (http://www.shrinkyourself.com/) which some of you can benefit from, but a year later I find that I'm again using food as an escape from everything: anxiety, weariness, frustration, boredom, middle age, and things-I-can't-control. Tonight I will leave you with an inspiration and it's a great one to read again if you had already heard about it.

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/how-one-family-broke-its-junk-food-addiction-2530910.html

I will be blogging here tomorrow night (it's now 3am for me! Good thing it's Saturday tomorrow!).

No comments:

Post a Comment